We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School online this year! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
The one proven technique in the domain of Organizational Behaviour – backed by more than 60,000 replicable experiments – is Organizational Behaviour Management (OBM), a sound practical application of the behaviour analysis approach pioneered a century ago by Ivan Pavlov.
VU Amsterdam is the first European institution to offer a degree in OBM, and this is the first course in Europe to teach it in a summer school setting.
At the end of this Organizational Behaviour Management course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, you will:
- Understand the importance of organizational behaviour for excellent results.
- Understand how OBM and ABA can help change organizational behaviour
- Be familiar with the ABC model and ABC analysis.
- Understand the major concepts in OBM/ABA and how they can help improve performance.
- Be able to apply the OBM protocol to a real-life behaviour and use the OBM Optimizer computer program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You learn the principles and techniques of applied behaviour analysis (ABA): using systematic interventions derived from learning theory to improve socially significant behaviours, then demonstrating that those interventions are indeed responsible for the improvement.
- Amongst topics covered are the ABC model (antecedent-behaviour-consequence), the four behavioural consequences and a protocol for shaping new behaviours. You also learn to use the OBM Optimizer, a practical tool for enhancing organizational performance, including such factors as quantity, quality, safety and attendance.
Students and professionals in the field of social, exact or technical sciences who want to know more about changing organizational behaviour through positive reinforcement.
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
- Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
- The applications for the Summer School have just closed, but the VU Graduate Winter School will open soon!
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour Corporate Communication
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.