The emphasis is on communication. Students will have the opportunity to practise what is taught through the use of task-based learning activities. The focus for EAP-IELTS Preparation - Advanced course at Academies Australasia content is provided by weekly themes and topics. These provide a framework around which coursework – particularly vocabulary building and the development of the macroskills of speaking, listening, reading and writing – is structured.
We offer modern facilities, including audio-visual equipment and internet access. Being in the centre of the Sydney CBD, we are very well served by public transport and are close to public libraries. The student lounge is well equipped (microwave ovens, vending machines, computers with (free) internet access, etc.)
Programme StructureDelivery and Assessment Methods
- A placement test is usually conducted on the first day. Formal assessment of student achievement is conducted every fortnight of the programme.
- Each of the macroskills is assessed separately and students are assessed on their range and control of the language in appropriate contexts.
- The types of assessments include multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank questions, writing of various types of texts, short answer questions and paired interviews among others.
- Students receive detailed feedback on their progress on a fortnightly basis. Our assessment system enables us to give students targeted remedial help in their identified weaknesses.
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Classes run every week(Except for the two weeks over the Christmas/New Year holidays)
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 14 other Short Courses in Language Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic IELTS 5.5 (minimum 5.0 for writing) or EAP/IELTS Preparation (Upper-Intermediate) or as assessed by AOE
- CRICOS Course Code: 0101723
International350 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 AUD per module during 2 months.
National350 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 AUD per module during 2 months.
- AUD 350 per week
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.