Children and adolescents spend a significant amount of time each day in the company of peers. Together with their peers, children acquire a wide range of skills, attitudes and experiences that influence their cognitive, emotional, and social development. Peers are also powerful socialization agents, contributing well beyond the collective influences of family, school, and neighbourhood.
The Peer Relations and Interactions in Childhood and Adolescence program at the Radboud University will include lectures as well as a variety of individual and small group assignments, including:
- working with state of the art research methods and paradigms
- (first steps in) data analyses
- observations of peer interactions
- critically reviewing literature
- ethical considerations
- brainstorming about new research designs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The following topics will be addressed:
- Main theories and basic methods used in research on peer relations and interactions.
- Friendship and social status.
- Social behaviours (e.g. prosocial and antisocial behaviour, bullying and defending)
- Influence from inside and outside the peer group.
- State of the art research measures and paradigms (e.g., implicit measures, observations, computerized sociometry, gaming)
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Early Childhood Education View 5 other Short Courses in Education in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Some background in developmental psychology, pedagogics or educational sciences is recommended. We also expect that you have strong interest in or experience with research in these areas.
- CV, including a short description of your current research project (if applicable).
- Short description of your expected learning outcomes of the course.
International350 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 EUR per module during 5 days.
EU/EEA350 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 EUR per module during 5 days.
Early bird fee: €263 / € 315, deadline early bird: 1 March 2021
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.