Giftedness is more than IQ. Physical, musical, social and creative abilities are involved. In this course, you will study how personal characteristics - like motivation and performance anxiety - , abilities, and surroundings influence each other.
- We will discuss at the Radboud University how to identify the needs of a gifted student. Gut feelings will be compared with research results. You are asked to be critical, discussing difficult situations like 'how do we encourage talent without being elitists?', 'do we want people to excel?'. You will be critical of both the way you work, and your own talents and talent development. You will investigate the conflict between stimulating talent and being fearful of doing so. Do we want people to excel? Do we dare excel ourselves?
- Practical strategies will be explored and developed during the Excellence beyond Borders - Breaking down Barriers in Gifted Education course. We will focus on learning and the learner thus moving us beyond issues of identification allowing teachers the opportunity to think about provision and support.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
After this course you are able to:
- Consider information about giftedness and talent critically,
- Translate knowledge and abilities concerning identification, education and counselling of the gifted and talented to a scientifically based own assessment,
- Recognize and (re)act to (psycho)social and biological factors that can influence the education of the gifted and talented,
- Encourage expertise of colleagues in gifted education and care
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 10 other Short Courses in Education in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least a bachelor degree (or nearly finishing the bachelor); experience with or a strong interest in supporting gifted people in learning and living.
- Motivation letter
International600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
EU/EEA600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Early bird fee: € 450/ € 540, deadline early bird: 1 March 2021
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.