Sustainable Landscapes and Cities from University of California, Berkeley includes environmental history as well as contemporary social, environmental and political issues surrounding sustainable design and activism. The course stresses motives and values expressed through environmental design at various scales – from neighborhood to global and examines problems affecting healthy environments and their solutions.
Students at Sustainable Landscapes and Cities from University of California, Berkeley will:
- study the need for protection and restoration of healthy ecological systems within the design of cities and landscapes and discuss ways to enable these systems to thrive.
- learn about and discuss the inter-connectedness of natural systems overlapped by human habitation.
- learn about design that can facilitate positive social systems and how the combination of ecological and social communities can present answers to some of the pressing environmental problems we face.
- learn how various design strategies involve land preservation, watershed protection and restoration; local food production networks; resilient neighborhood design through community participation in open space design; pedestrian and bicycle friendly streets, urban forestry; reducing the waste stream.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Efficacy of policy;
- Existing and emerging landscape design technology;
- Existing natural systems in urban environments
- The value of community building
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 3 other Short Courses in Urban Planning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency, unless your country of origin is on the exception list
- A non-immigrant visa
- Proof of health insurance
International2200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 USD per credit during 56 days.
National2200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 USD per credit during 56 days.
- Registration Fee $450
- Document Management Fee $62
- International Service Fee $400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.