- The History of Film course at the University of California, Berkeley teaches you the sound era from World War II to the present time. From the beginnings through the conversion to sound up until World War II era. In addition to the development of the silent film, the course will conclude with an examination of the technology of sound conversion and examples of early sound experiments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Hours & Workload
- 7.5 hours of instructor presentation of course materials per week, 19.5 hours of outside work hours per week, and 3 hours of the exchange of opinions or questions on course material per week.
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media History View 19 other Short Courses in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International visiting students are required to have:
- Proof of English proficiency, unless your country of origin is on the exception list
- A non-immigrant visa
- Proof of health insurance
International550 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 USD per credit during 42 days.
National550 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 USD per credit during 42 days.
- Registration Fee $450
- Document Management Fee $62
- International Service Fee $400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.