In the University Preparation course from Yale English Language Institute, you will improve your overall abilities in both spoken and written English, as well as your understanding of U.S. academic culture.
Enjoy the opportunity to visit a variety of American university campuses in the northeastern part of the United States. All students in the program will be housed together with other pre-college students attending Yale Summer Session.
- Improve your reading and critical thinking skills to prepare for study in the U.S. This class also polishes your writing skills with daily, intensive practice.
- Writing exercises will emphasize grammatical accuracy, clarity of content, and fluency, while focusing on well-organized and effectively developed paragraphs and essays. In addition, learn about the research process –including paraphrasing, summary, and proper citation—in the context of writing longer papers.
- English Pronunciation
- TOEFL Practice
- SAT Practice
- Art Appreciation
- American Music
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 63 other Short Courses in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To apply, review the application requirements for international students, and fill out the Yale Summer Session application.
- The Certificate programs are offered under Yale Summer Session B course listings.
- Proof of English proficiency is not required for this program, but students who apply to the program should have at minimum an intermediate level of English.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.