- But the amount of information available today is staggering, and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by too many statistics, distracted by the wrong set of numbers, and confused by the complexity of data.
- The Data Visualization - Communicating Data and Complex Ideas Visually program at the Harvard University combines the science of data visualization with the art of graphic design to help you communicate complex information more accurately and effectively. By transforming data sets into visual graphics—such as charts, bar graphs, scatterplots, and heatmaps—you will learn to present complex data in ways your audience can better understand. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll explore the many types of data in use today, learn how people perceive different graphical displays, and create visual presentations that make a stronger impact on your audience.
- Creating interactive visualizations using Tableau
- Conceptualizing ideas and interaction techniques using sketching
- Using the visualization design sprint process
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses of visualization approaches for improvements
- Applying principles of effective visualizations to connect with your audience
This program is ideal for professionals or managers in a wide range of disciplines with an interest in the visual presentation of data. No programming experience or specific software experience is necessary. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet.
- 2 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Graphic Design Data Science & Big Data View 601 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required for participation in all Professional Development programs.
- Participants are expected to have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience.
International2150 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD for the full programme during 2 days.
National2150 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2150 USD for the full programme during 2 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.