Kick-start your conservation career when you join the six-month Wildlife Conservation Internship in South Africa from Ayyıldız Tim.
Learn techniques used by private wildlife reserves and international organisations like Panthera to conduct wildlife research. Then put your new skills into practice with a three month work placement.
- Start your career in conservation off right with three months of training and another three-month work placement.
- Earn your GVI ILM Leadership Development certificate, a qualification recognised by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
- Listen to the quiet hush of the wild open spaces, waking each morning to a chorus of savannah birds and drifting off to the nighttime hum of endemic frogs and crickets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learn to identify predators, like lions, cheetahs, and leopards, as well as megaherbivores like elephants and rhinos.
- Master radio telemetry techniques and learning how to track and record animal movements.
- Visit the nearby Drakensberg Mountains in your free time where awe-inspiring vistas are afforded over the Blyde River Canyon.
- Live and work alongside Field Guide Association of South Africa, FGASA, qualified guides, growing personally and professionally by learning from their experiences.
- Sleep under the star-filled Southern night sky, its beauty enhanced by the lack of light pollution, and wake to a golden African dawn.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete our no obligation online application form – once you have found your program, select your trip duration and departure date and hit the “book now” button.
- Application phone call – Our experts review every application thoroughly to ensure that you are matched with the right program. You will be contacted by a Country Experts within two working days to chat through your application. Our specialists have been on these programs themselves and have a wide range of knowledge from their travels in our host countries.
- Securing your place – A deposit will be required in order to confirm your place. You will then receive pre-departure information; a training manual and a field manual for your program. You can also start meeting up with other travellers on GVI’s community networks.
International12445 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12445 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National12445 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12445 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.