The Food and Innovation in Rural Transition - The Tuscany Case programme from University of Pisa aims to increase awareness and competencies about food issues and transition in agriculture and rural areas and to prepare students in order to design future sustainable transitions pathways able to meet medium and long-term societal concerns and emerging consumer demands.The Course will provide students engaged with agricultural and rural studies an immersive experience on the Tuscan territory, which provides interesting world-wide known examples of diversified rural development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The themes can be synthesised as it follows:
- Small farms, economic viability and socio-cultural suitability. This theme explores how small farms are organised and work.
- Small farms, sustainable tourism and territorial valorisation. This theme explores how small farms contribute to creating opportunities for a sustainable, experiential and multi-seasonal quality tourism sector.
- Small farms and the environment. There is a growing recognition that agriculture can contribute to providing ecosystem services, defined as the multiple benefits provided by ecosystems to mankind
- Small farms and political agenda. It is recognised that small(er) farms make up an important share of total agricultural employment and play an important role in many rural economies particularly in more fragile and disadvantaged regions.
EU and Non-EU students (University degree or Bachelor degree, Master degree) as well as PhD students
Prof. Francesco Di Iacovo
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 26 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgribusiness Food Sciences Agriculture View 4 other Short Courses in Agriculture in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree, fluent engish, background in rural development field
- Identity Document (*PASSPORT in case you are a foreign student*)
- Enrolment Form
- Curriculum Vitae
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR for the full programme during 26 days.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR for the full programme during 26 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.