- The concept of cultural transfer as well as the various definitions of ‘minorities’ and ‘migrants’ will be discussed and examined in their historical and political contexts.
- At the end of the Beyond Horizons - Migrant and Minority Literature summer school at the University of Groningen, students will have gained knowledge of and insight in historical, cultural and political contexts of minority and migration studies and will be able to adopt key concepts and a transnational approach in their own field of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Topics will include:
- Literary representations of language loss and revitalization by minority and indigenous writers
- The reaction of minority writers from a variety of regions and languages to societal, political and cultural processes
- Migration as a matter of literary form, and literature itself as a migrating and transformative concept
- Notions of the diaspora in relation to their applicability for transnational literary and cultural studies
- A focus on different aspects of transcultural messages
- Transnational approaches to cultural narratives of exile
This summer school is designed for (Research) Master and PhD students in Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Philosophy
Dr. Petra Broomans, University of Groningen
Dr. Jeanette Toonder, University of GroningenIgiaba Scego
- 6 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The certificate will mention the workload of 40 hours. Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 5 other Masters in Literature in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To apply, kindly fill out the online application form. Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Motivation letter
International255 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 255 EUR for the full programme during 6 days.
EU/EEA255 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 255 EUR for the full programme during 6 days.
- € 255 (excluding housing)
- € 500 (including housing)
- € 155 (University of Groningen students)
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.