Focusing on the period since the end of the Cold War, an era defined by rapid institutional innovation and development, as well as a number of emergent global issues, problems and policy dilemmas, the course locates these in the context of north-south relations. Treating the international system as a dynamic whole, it examines how issues that have become central in international politics including ‘failed states’, nuclear proliferation, armed conflict and terrorism, democratisation, pandemics and the Arab Spring are intimately linked to expanding efforts since the mid-20th century to generate a liberal world order.
What will I learn?
On successful completion of the International Relations in the 21st Century course from SOAS University of London, you will be able to:
- Apply international relations theory to explain key developments and events in contemporary world politics
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of contemporary global policy frameworks, such as globalization, neoliberalism and the Global War on Terror
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of key institutional and organizational developments in world politics since the end of the Cold War
- For more information please visit the official website.
- 12 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- 15 SOAS credits
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 21 other Short Courses in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must be a university student or a graduate at the time of attendance. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification. Participants must be 18 or over at the time of attendance.
International1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
National1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.