The Modern Irish Theatre course of the University of Limerick will provide an introduction to Irish drama in the 20th Century as well as explore the relationship of Irish nationalism and Irish theatre.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of major texts, production practices, and theories of drama and performance that underpin modern Irish theatre practice and assumptions.
- Explain how historical, cultural and social events and dramatic movements in Irish theatre are mutually constitutive.
- Reconstruct, through written explanation or sketches, the evolution of performance practices and playwrights in 20th Century Irish theatre.
- Demonstrate knowledge of text and images through extensive examination essays and class discussion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Irish Literary Revival and The Abbey Theatre
- Irish theatre’s influence on and reflection of Irish politics and history
- Irish drama and Irish Identity
- International influence of modern Irish drama
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum entry requirement: GPA cum. 2.5. The Summer Schools courses are taught at ‘300’ level and are open to students who have completed their freshman year at the time of enrolment.
- Scanned copy of your passport
- Scanned copy of your official academic transcript.
- 3 Preselected Modules.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.