- One of today’s most fascinating fields of research and innovation involves applying quantum phenomena to the development of a new type in computing called quantum computing. Increasingly more and more research institutions and governments are engaging in the development of quantum computing, which makes this the right time to study various fundamental aspects, thereby preparing yourselves for the advent of quantum computers.
- We offer you a coherent, unified, in-depth set of lectures and tutorials that covers the fundamentals of quantum computing. Our focus will be on obtaining a clear understanding of the fundamentals which will be supplemented by illustrative examples of quantum theory in action. No prior knowledge of quantum theory or quantum computing is assumed.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We delight in introducing you to, amongst others:
- The basics of quantum mechanics via well-worked examples;
- Fundamental protocols of quantum information science, such as, super dense coding and quantum teleportation;
- The widely used model of quantum computation, the so-called quantum circuits model of computation. This is the model in which results such as Shor’s factoring algorithm;
- Insights into the 'spooky' nature of quantum entanglement and explanation of why “entanglement is a physical resource”;
- Properties of quantum communication channels and their application.
Finally, we will offer an exciting set of half-hour afternoon research seminars, which will be designed to give the audience a feel for some cutting-edge the research currently underway in the field.
Quantum information and computation is one of the fields that benefits most from the creative interaction of mathematicians, physicists, computer scientists, and others. The course is designed for advanced bachelor and master students, however interested PhD students are also welcome to join.
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Computer Sciences View 6 other Short Courses in Physics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission Requirements: Background in linear algebra is ideal (an understanding of vectors and vector spaces).
- Admission Documents: None
International600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
EU/EEA600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Early bird fee: € 450 / € 540, deadline early bird: 1 March 2021
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.