Course Structure & Content
The online course will be delivered over a four week period from the where learning materials are released each Monday and can be accessed by participants at a time convenient to them. These materials include videos, case examples, case law and topics for consideration / discussion.
The course will also consider the implications of new child protection legislation such as the Children and Family Relationships Act 2015 and the Children First Act 2015.
Participants will be required to engage with the sessions in their own time by;
- Accessing the online relevant audio/ video recordings, readings and links to relevant case examples
- Maintaining a learning journal
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course includes four sessions:
- Legal Framework for Child Protection Practice in Ireland
- Children’s Rights
- The Voice of the Child in Court Proceedings
- Fair Procedures and Parental Rights
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- No Attendance
DisciplinesSocial Work Legal Studies Public Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This online continuous professional development course is open to Allied Health Professionals within the scope of Child Protection and Welfare. This includes (but is not limited to) Social Workers, Social Care Workers, Family Support Workers and Public Health Nurses.
- Payment for the programme can be made via PayPal at the link below. Registration details facilitating access to the online module will be provided by Trinity College one week prior to the commencement of the course (subject to payment in full).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.