How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a pet car and veterinary assistant work
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a pet care pro in months not years!
- Study the Pet Care - VET Assistant course at International Career Institute (ICI) that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Are you an absolute pet lover? If taking care of animals is your perfect slice of heaven, then a bright career as a Veterinary Assistant awaits you! These animal and pet care assistants play a crucial role in helping out veterinary doctors carry out day-to-day tasks in taking care of both big and small animals, such as examining animals for signs of injury or illness, record keeping, as well as provide comfort and support to pet owners when their beloved animals undergo surgical procedures. And yes, an absolute passion for animal well-being is a must!
But more than just a hobby and a past time, the demand for Vet Assistants is growing by the day. Employment opportunities are forecasted to grow by a further 18% over the next 10 ten years which is above average.
Veterinary assistant job opportunities are expected to be attractive because the number of job openings is expected to exceed the number of new graduates. Demand for veterinary care also has grown throughout the years, as animals’ medical care is an important priority for most owners.
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC) and the International Approval and Registration Centre (IARC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal health issues, illness and injuries
- Illness and disease identification and treatment
- Veterinary office management and administration
- Risk and safety management in animal care settings
- Animal first aid and injuries
- Preventative health care
- Pet / animal rehabilitation and nursing
- Routine health care treatments
- Anatomy and physiology
- Animal behaviour, perception and communication
- Animal genetics
- Animal social and instinct behaviours
- Animal handling and transportation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Natural Sciences Animal Sciences View 3 other Short Courses in Natural Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1611 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1611 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National1611 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1611 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Pay Upfront : - 10% Off = $1450
- Weekly Instalment Plan : - $49 x 32 weeks
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.