The Pet Care / VET Assistant - UK course at International Career Institute (ICI) - UK allows you to enter into a profession that continues to grow and provide great lifestyle benefits for animal lovers.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a pet car and veterinary assistant work
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a pet care pro in months not years!
- Study a pet care / veterinary course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Are you an absolute pet lover? If taking care of animals is your perfect slice of heaven, then a bright career as a Veterinary Assistant awaits you! These animal and pet care assistants play a crucial role in helping out veterinary doctors carry out day-to-day tasks in taking care of both big and small animals, such as examining animals for signs of injury or illness, record keeping, as well as provide comfort and support to pet owners when their beloved animals undergo surgical procedures. And yes, an absolute passion for animal well-being is a must!
But more than just a hobby and a past time, the demand for Vet Assistants is growing by the day. Employment opportunities are forecasted to grow by a further 18% over the next 10 ten years which is above average.
Veterinary assistant job opportunities are expected to be attractive because the number of job openings is expected to exceed the number of new graduates. Demand for veterinary care also has grown throughout the years, as animals’ medical care is an important priority for most owners.
Turn your love and dedication for pets into a successful professional undertaking by enrolling in our Veterinary Assistant Course now!
- Veterinary Assistant – veterinary technician, animal lab technician, veterinary assistant, hospital assistant
- Pet Therapist, Groomer
- Pet Shop staff member or owner
- Animal Trainer, Groomer or Breeder (usually self-employed)
- Animal Welfare Officer at Animal Shelters
- Zoo and Wildlife Park staff members
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal health issues, illness and injuries
- Illness and disease identification and treatment
- Veterinary office management and administration
- Risk and safety management in animal care settings
- Animal first aid and injuries
- Preventative health care
- Pet / animal rehabilitation and nursing
- Routine health care treatments
- Anatomy and physiology
- Animal behaviour, perception and communication
- Animal genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries View 22 other Short Courses in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
- Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International798 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 798 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA798 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 798 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
- Pay Upfront : - 10% Off = £718
- Weekly Instalment Plan : £25 x 32 weeks
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.