With a diverse range of sessions, from History, Pan-Africanism and Politics to Languages, Migration, and Music, the Understanding Africa course at SOAS University of London gives an in-depth knowledge of the main academic areas of study regarding Africa. The course comprises a combination of lectures and interactive workshops, as well as museum visits and social events.
This is a great opportunity given the prominence that Africa as a continent has gained over the past few years and the vision of Africa Rising, a continent with many job and investment opportunities. Also, within the Arts, we have seen an incredible rise of the presence of African artists in the international art circles which has been extremely stimulating and refreshing for an understanding of arts and cultures.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- To provide a broad coverage and an interdisciplinary approach to the study of Africa
- To provide students with the key information and debates connected to the historical, political, economic and cultural evolution of Africa
- For more information please visit the official website.
- 12 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- 15 SOAS credits
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies International Relations View 59 other Short Courses in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university student or a graduate at the time of attending. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification.
- Participants must be 18 or over at the time of attendance.
- Fluency in English language is recommended for non-credit courses, but essential for SOAS Accredited courses.
International1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
National1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.