About this course
Activities include creative and analytical responses to published works, writing exercises in fiction and creative non-fiction, and revision and review of work written in the course of the Summer School.
The Creative Writing - Place, Travel, Movement course of The University Of Nottingham Malaysia is an intensive programme, presupposing existing experience and commitment to creative writing.
- To guide students in the practice of the process of writing, developing their skills in writing
- Reading to develop an awareness of literary contexts and creative and aesthetic possibilities.
At the end of the module you should have knowledge and understanding of:
- some elements of fiction, including character, narrative and point of view
- the process of using notebooks for creative compositions and revisions.
- aesthetic perspectives on writing
- creative perspectives on writing
- the ability to edit one’s writing
- the ability to develop work in progress through discussion with others
- the ability to contextualise writing
- the ability to reflect on progress
- the ability to respond to peer criticism
- Grounding Your Story
- Finding Your Story
- On Diction, Tone, Imagery
- On Point of View
- Writing about Place
- Thinking about Space
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Pre-University participants who are interested in taking a Level 2 module will be considered on a case to case basis.Applicants eligible to apply will be :
- Pre-University, undergraduates, postgraduates and academics from any institutions worldwide.
- Working adults who are not currently enrolled in any academic programme are also welcome to apply.
- All the programmes are delivered in English and students are expected to have good English language ability * IELTS or other English language certificates will be considered.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- Formal academic requirements not necessary.
International585 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
National585 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
- The two-week programme costs RM3200 per person (approximately GBP 585)
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.