The Homestay English Immersion course is offered by International House. International House London has partnered with IH InTuition Languages to place students in the homes of English language teachers where they live and study, receiving properly structured one-to-one lessons in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
As with normal homestays, students join in conversations at mealtimes experiencing English culture first-hand, with the added bonus of their host being a qualified English teacher.
- The most popular course offers between three to six hours of one-to-one English tuition per day. Your progress is monitored from day one and you receive regular feedback throughout your course. See how quickly your confidence grows as your English language skills improve while immersed in real-life situations and interactions within a fully English speaking environment.
- Exam preparation is geared towards helping exam students develop their language skills and techniques for specific, internationally recognised examinations like IELTS, Cambridge English and BULATS.
- Aimed at 14 to 17 year olds this programme is ideal for motivated young learners who want to have a safe, comfortable experience of learning English in a natural family environment. Parent and child courses can also be arranged.
- This course is designed for executives focusing on their specific expertise such as: aviation, banking and finance, politics, engineering, law, marketing, medicine and human resources.
- This course combines 15 hours of General English with 10 hours of General Business English. It is great for students who need to work on both areas of English and are looking for a value for money Business English course.
- Our host English tutors are chosen for their expertise in teaching English, their hospitality and their comfortable homes.
- The essential factor in the success of every course is that the tutor is matched as closely as possible to the needs and requirements of each individual student.
- Choose a start date to suit you, throughout the year. The minimum course is one week. Two to one courses are also available at a reduced rate.
- Choose from locations across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Decide to be in or near a city, in the countryside, or by the sea.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Combining tuition with accommodation provides exceptional value-for-money. All our courses include:
- the choice of 3 to 6 hours per day of one-to-one English lessons
- full-board accommodation with your own study bedroom in a comfortable home
- a personalised study plan and study materials
- two afternoon activities with your host tutor each week
- a help-line for support during course
- free wifi
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 390 other programmes in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Scans of Official Transcripts
- Personal Information Form
- Writing Sample
International2190 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2190 GBP for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA2190 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2190 GBP for the full programme during 14 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.