Students complete a total of six to eight courses: one core course (Graphic Design Basic Core) or three core courses (Color Theory, Graphic Design I, and Digital Graphics with Illustrator I), then five additional courses, including three electives.
What You’ll Gain
- Basic design skills including concept, type, layout, and color
- An understanding of the relationship between photography, type, color, and other elements that yield a legible, compelling composition
- Training in industry-standard software
- Fluency in the process of conceptualization, design development, and execution
How You'll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- In-person and online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Why The New School ?
The professional landscape as we’ve known it has changed dramatically, and ongoing learning is more important now than ever before. At The New School, we champion every student’s creativity and growth. By combining integrated disciplines with collaborative problem solving, we deliver an immersive, transformative learning experience. With the leadership of Parsons School of Design — ranked #1 in the United States* — our faculty imparts the critical expertise students need to advance their careers or pivot to new ones in a constantly evolving world.
*Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings (2020).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Color Theory
- Graphic Design
- Digital Graphics with Illustrator
- Digital Imaging with Photoshop
- Graphic Design History
- Students interested in visual communication
- Graphic designers who want to master current best practices and software programs
- Other design professionals who are interested in incorporating graphic design, illustration, multimedia design, and package design into their work
- Digital designers and Web developers who need to learn the basics of graphic design and explore print formats
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Digital Marketing View 91 other Short Courses in Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6760 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6760 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National6760 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6760 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.