The Solar Energy - Photovoltaic (PV) Technologies course is part of the Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters Program from Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) - DelftX.
The technologies used to produce solar cells and photovoltaic modules are advancing to deliver highly efficient and flexible solar panels. In this course you will explore the main PV technologies in the current market.
You will gain in-depth knowledge about crystalline silicon based solar cells (90% market share) as well as other emerging technologies including CdTe, CIGS and Perovskites. This course provides answers to the questions: How are solar cells made from raw materials? Which technologies have the potential to be the major players for different applications in the future?
This course is part of the Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters Program designed to cover all physics and engineering aspects of photovoltaics: photovoltaic energy conversion, technologies and systems.
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn:
- Design concepts and fabrication processes of various photovoltaic technologies,
- In-depth knowledge on the entire crystalline silicon solar cell landscape including: Market-leading polycrystalline based cells and; High efficiency/cutting edge monocrystalline based solar cells
- Application of thin film solar cells, like CIGS, CdTe, thin-film silicon, Perovskites,
- Concentrated PV and space applications for III/V semiconductor based solar cells.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
- 10 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and/or the successful completion of PV1x (or firm grasp of its content).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $250 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.