The Hospitality and Tourism Technology and Innovation course is part of the International Hospitality Management MicroMasters Program from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - HKPolyUx.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic applications of ICT (information and communication technologies) innovations in the hospitality and tourism industry.
You will learn about the roles of ICT infrastructures and tools in shaping business environment, business models, marketing practices, revenue strategies, and customer services.
We will also discuss the dynamics that is generated in the development of ICTs and its impact on hospitality and tourism organizations.
What you'll learn:
- Develop a holistic view of the various knowledge and theories of ICT and innovation management applicable to the hospitality and tourism industry
- Appraise, analyze and evaluate the general impact and applications of ICTs on various sectors in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Critically assess the relationship between the hospitality and tourism industry and its technological macro-environment
- Identify and provide leadership at work in relation to information, technology and innovation management
- Evaluate and implement appropriate ICT and innovation management theories to support hospitality and tourism organizations in enhancing their business
- Communicate and react proactively to industry stakeholders including staff, travelers, government and commercial organizations in the area of ICTs and innovation
- Understand the application of big data analytics for better decision-making in the context of hospitality and tourism industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An Introduction to IT in Hospitality & Tourism Industry
- Information Technology Adoption & Applications
- Value Creation through IT and Innovation
- IT-based Innovation in Marketing and Operation
- Business Analytics for Data-based Decision Making in Hospitality and Tourism Organizations
- Technology Development and the Future of Hospitality and Tourism Organizations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInnovation Management Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Leaners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $198 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.