The Leading Ambitious Teaching and Learning course is part of the Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement MicroMasters Program from University of Michigan - MichiganX.
This course is developed in partnership with Microsoft as part of the Microsoft K-12 Education Leadership initiative, which aims to help K-12 school leaders drive the pursuit of ambitious instruction in classrooms.
Beyond the straightforward transfer of facts and skills, ambitious instruction has teachers and students making meaning of rich academic content, engaging authentic practical and intellectual puzzles, and creating new knowledge and capabilities in themselves and others. Globally, ambitious instruction sits at the very center of policy-driven educational improvement efforts, with schools and systems pressed to engage students in "deeper learning" and the development of "21st-century skills."
This course is both for individual leaders and for teams of leaders from a school, district/region, or system who aim to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for students, especially those historically underserved by public schools. For these teams, the course will function as a platform both for initiating their joint practice and for collaborating on issues that arise in their joint practice.
Students will explore:
- The meaning and practice of ambitious instruction.
- The use of technology in ambitious instruction.
- Systemic supports for ambitious instruction.
- The practice of leading transformative change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn:
- To use videos and other evidence to develop teachers’ understandings of ambitious instruction.
- To use technology to support students and teachers in enacting ambitious instruction.
- To use research-based frameworks to organize schools and systems to support ambitious instruction.
- To use leadership strategies and skills to inspire and support positive change.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 56 other Short Courses in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Working knowledge of schools and education systems as well as the political, policy, and public pressures to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for all students.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $199 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.