The Case Studies in Continuous Educational Improvement course is part of the Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement MicroMasters Program from University of Michigan - MichiganX.
With principles of improvement science as a foundation, new knowledge about the continuous improvement of educational innovations is rapidly emerging among communities of educational professionals and researchers, as they work together in new ways to solve practical problems, improve student performance, and reduce achievement gaps.
Developed in collaboration with the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, this course will use case studies to take learners deep into the design, organization, and management of three innovative approaches to large-scale, practice-focused continuous improvement that have currency in the US and abroad:
- Design-Based Implementation Research
- Implementation Science
- Networked Improvement Communities
What you'll learn:
- To identify approaches to continuous improvement appropriate for specific schools and systems.
- To apply logics of innovation and principles of improvement science to authentic cases of continuous improvement.
For each case, learners will use logics of innovation to analyze the central strategy of each approach, and they will use principles of improvement science to analyze how each uses disciplined methods to address practical problems faced by teachers and leaders.
- Fundamental Logic(s) of Innovation and Improvement
- Application of Improvement Science in Educational Innovation
- 56 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 51 other Short Courses in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Working knowledge of schools and education systems as well as the political, policy, and public pressures to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for all students.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 56 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 56 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $199 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.