The MA - Concepts and Theories Certificate is part of the Mergers and Acquisitions (MA) Professional Certificate offered by EdX in partnership with New York Institute of Finance - NYIFx.
You will learn about buyer strategies, how M&A can increase business value, and how to start the acquisition process, as well as identify successful acquisitions.
This course is part of a Professional Certificate
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, this M&A course will equip analysts and associates with the skills they need to rise to employment in the M&A field.
Additionally, directors and managers who have transitioned, or hope to transition, to M&A from other areas such as equities or fixed income can use this course to eliminate skill gaps.
What you'll learn
- Recognize the common motivations for acquisitions and the reasons many are unsuccessful.
- Identify the methods of structuring a business acquisition.
- Evaluate the intrinsic and relative valuation methods for target companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Session 1: Overview and Buyer Strategies
- Lesson 1: Global M&A
- Lesson 2: Emerging Market M&A Issues
- Lesson 3: The Buyer’s Viewpoint
- Lesson 4: Three Ways M&A can Increases Value
- Lesson 5: Buy vs. Build Synergies
Session 2: Finding a Deal
- Lesson 1: Starting the Acquisition Process
- Lesson 2: Characteristics of Successful Acquisitions
- Lesson 3: Key Risks and Failed Deals: Case Study
Session 3: Pricing the Deal
- Lesson 1: Valuation: Approaches and Methodologies
- Lesson 2: Discounted Cash Flow Approach
- Lesson 3: Public Companies
- Lesson 4: Comparable Acquisitions and Leveraged Buyout Valuation
Session 4: Special Valuation Cases
- Lesson 1: Emerging Markets
- Lesson 2: Money-losing or Erratic Track Records
- Lesson 3: Industry Specific Multiples
- Lesson 4: Natural Resource Companies
- Lesson 5: Speculative Hi-tech Firms
- Lesson 6: Sum of the parts Companies with Several Different Business Lines
- Lesson 7: M&A Free Cash Flow Analysis
- Lesson 8: Premiums and Discounts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 1 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 167 other Short Courses in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 1 months.
Add a Verified Certificate for $50 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.