Are you working in the development sector and looking to take the next step in your career and take on a leadership role?
This business and management course is an introduction to key leadership theories and concepts that you will need to be an effective leader and manager. You will learn how leadership is different from management.
The Leaders in Global Development course is part of the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program from EdX in parthership with the University of Queensland - UQx.
You will learn practical skills needed to build a shared vision, and lead across boundaries. You will learn to recognise your own leadership style, and the leadership styles of others. You will learn the different types of power, and tools for gaining legitimacy in your development work.
Upon course completion, you will be prepared to take on leadership roles in development and work effectively across geographical, cultural, organizational and disciplinary boundaries.
You will also develop a personalized leadership plan throughout the course, which will help you continue your leadership journey after you complete the MOOC.
What you'll learn
- To understand the importance of leadership in the development sector
- To engage in self-leadership, by building self-awareness about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader in the context of global development
- To understand different forms of leadership that are relevant to the development sector, and the key to successfully engaging in these forms of leadership
- To identify techniques to ethically build power (the potential to influence) and design influence strategies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Leadership
- Team, Transformational and Authentic Leadership
- Wise Leadership
- Leadership Contexts, Roles and Styles
- Adaptive Leadership to Address Challenges
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 70 days
- 9 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Participants should have experience, or a strong interest in working in development. While not compulsory, it is recommended that learners have completed a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $375 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.