HTML5 is the standard language of the Web, developed by W3C. For application developers and industry, HTML5 represents a set of features that people will be able to rely on for years to come. HTML5 is supported on a wide variety of devices, lowering the cost of creating rich applications to reach users everywhere.
Whatever mobile phones, connected objects, game consoles, automobile dashboards, and devices that haven’t even been considered yet, HTML5 helps write once and deploy anywhere!
In this course, you will learn all the new HTML5 features to help create great Web sites and applications in a simplified but powerful way. HTML5 provides native support for video and audio without plug-ins, provides support for offline applications, for games with smooth interactive animations, and much more.
This HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices Certificate is part of Front-End Developer Professional Certificate offered by EdX in partnership with The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) - W3Cx.
What you'll learn
- Learn the new simplified HTML5 tags
- Play with the audio and video tags
- Draw and animate fun Web graphics
- Discover the newest HTML5 forms features
- Test the basic APIs, such as Web storage and geolocation
- And most of all, practice coding techniques thanks to multiple interactive examples
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Week 1: HTML5 basics
- From HTML1.0 to HTML5
- New structural elements
- Other elements and attributes
Week 2: HTML5 multimedia
- Streaming multimedia content: the video and audio elements
- Subtitles and closed captions
- Enhanced HTML5 media players and frameworks
- Webcam, microphone: the getUserMedia API
Week 3: HTML5 graphics
- Basics of HTML5 canvas
- Immediate drawing mode: rectangles, text, images, etc.
- Path drawing mode: lines, circles, arcs, curves and other path drawing methods
- Colors, gradients, patterns, shadows, etc.
Week 4: HTML5 animations
- Basic animation techniques
- Canvas and user interaction
- A glimpse of advanced canvas functionalities
Week 5: HTML5 forms
- Introduction to HTML5 forms
- Accessible forms
- New forms attributes
- New elements related to forms
- Form validation API
Week 6: HTML5 basic APIs
- Introduction to HTML5 APIs
- HTML5 cache
- The Web Storage API
- The File API
- The Geolocation API
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 456 other Short Courses in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- HTML: just be comfortable putting together an HTML document
- CSS: minimal familiarity with CSS
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $199USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.