No matter your current English language level, the Intensive English Program at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) can offer you the help and support that you need to get the best education possible. This English as a Second Language (ESL) program is immersive and thorough: It will enable you to enter and complete academic programs not just at SNHU, but also at other universities and colleges throughout the United States.
The English as a Second Language at Southern New Hampshire University includes:
- Courses offered at 3 main proficiency levels (beginning to advanced)
- 18 hours of instruction each week
- 9 hours of core courses (literacy and fluency skills)
- 6 hours of courses in a content area (psychology, marketing, etc.)
- 3 hours of a multilevel elective (mix with students of different proficiency levels)
- Small class sizes (typically 10-14 students per class)
- Taught by experienced faculty who hold a master’s degree or higher
- Program is customized to students’ proficiency profile based on a placement assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program will focus on several areas, including:
- Literacy: Read academic texts, practice skills (skimming, scanning, summarizing, paraphrasing), expand vocabulary; write organized paragraphs and essays; integrate ideas from sources, learn to avoid plagiarism
- Fluency: Listen to general and academic discourse, extract information, take effective notes; speak about academic topics, make presentations, participate in classroom discussions; practice English pronunciation patterns (stress, rhythm, intonation)
- Integrated skills: Develop your academic English and critical-thinking skills through speaking, reading and writing in popular course content in business and the arts and sciences
- Electives: Improve certain aspects of your English through your choice of course (workshops, seminars, TOEFL preparation)
- Experiential learning: Engage in field-based learning that enhances your understanding of course content (museums, tours, fairs)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 3928 other programmes in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application
- Submit Proof of Financial Support
- Submit color copy of current passport biography page
- Receive acceptance letter in 3-4 weeks
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3195 USD per semester during 1 months.
National6390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3195 USD per semester during 1 months.
Tuition**** (8-week term/half semester)
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.