The Leading in a Complex Environment Certificate is part of Business Leadership MicroMasters Program from EdX in partnership with University of Queensland - UQx.
Leaders must be prepared to succeed in fast-moving, complex, global business environments. This course is intended for people working in the modern-day global organization and will teach you how to tackle these complex and challenging issues, including:
- How global issues, such as global warming and geopolitical tensions, impact an organization's decision-making process and how to navigate these challenging issues.
- How leaders respond to and manage issues such as social responsibility, environmental sustainability, crisis management, and cultural differences.
- How leaders represent their organizations and why it’s important they demonstrate virtue and authenticity to build trust.
This course draws on the diverse knowledge of both leadership scholars and experienced leaders. Through a series of engaging videos, interviews, case studies, written reflections, peer feedback, and other self-insight activities, this course alerts learners to intractable problems that are too often ignored.
The course will not provide convenient off-the-rack answers, but asks students to dig deep into their own soul to firstly acknowledge the problems in our contemporary world and then reflect on whether they have the capacity to negotiate them.
Get more detailsVisit programme website
What you'll learn:
- External influences in leadership, the macro-conditions that shape the global context.
- What the nature of power is and how to use it virtuously when representing your organization.
- How to lead with social responsibility and for environmental and social sustainability.
- How virtuous leadership needs to be representative and inclusive.
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 70 days
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies View 59 other Short Courses in Management Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- Some experience in managing people (recommended)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
- Unlimited access to self-paced, in-demand courses and professional certificates
- Starting at $349 per learner/year.