The Business Strategy from Wharton - Competitive Advantage course is part of the Professional Certificate Strategic Management from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania - WhartonX.
Maintaining a competitive advantage takes more than great timing or a single solution. Sustainable advantage requires a well-designed and well-executed strategy. This course was created to give you the tools and frameworks you need to develop and execute a successful strategy.
You’ll learn how to evaluate your own strategy, as well as how to locate sources of potential competitive advantage from a perspective that encompasses the internal, external, and dynamic fit of your strategy. You’ll also learn how to enhance your ability to assess the strategic impact of the moves of your competitors and how to maintain competitive advantage, understand the general drivers that create and sustain competitive advantage, and how to identify organizational barriers to change.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to assess and redesign your current strategy and develop plans for effective implementation to give your firm a competitive advantage.
What you'll learn
- Evaluate your strategic environment in the present and the future
- Identify the differences between organizational effectiveness and strategic positioning
- Map core and supporting activities of your firm and how they interact with each other
- Locate organizational barriers to strategy implementation and organizational change
- Engage in a strategic planning process that works
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What is strategy?
- The difference between organizational effectiveness and strategy
- The importance of tradeoffs
- The value chain
- Interactions among strategic choices
- Mapping your firm’s activity system
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies View 288 other Short Courses in Management Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Level: Intermediate
- Familiarity with basic business concepts
- This is a graduate level course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $199 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.