This Global Challenges in Business prepares students for the global challenges that businesses face in the 21st century. The global marketplace now and in the future spans emerging markets, a world connected by social media, and rapid technological advancements, hand in hand with huge challenges relating to environment and poverty.
This specialization covers how business strategy is formulated and implemented in the global arena in all its complexities. It also covers the role of ethics and corporate responsibility in a connected world as well as the role of business in addressing global challenges such as poverty and the environment. The specialization enables understanding of global business and how to pursue opportunities and confront challenges in this arena responsibly.
Learning Outcomes for the Global Challenges in Business Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Illinois:
- Upon completion of this specialization, you will be able to:
- Understand how businesses function in the global marketplace.
- Make ethical decisions to run a responsible business in the global marketplace.
- Understand the role of business in addressing global challenges such as poverty and the environment.
- Understand how business can pursue opportunities and confront challenges in the complex global marketplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Innovation for Subsistence Marketplaces
- Sustainable Business Enterprises
- Global Strategy I: How The Global Economy Works
- Global Strategy II: Doing Business in The Global Economy
- Global Impact: Cultural Psychology
- Global Impact: Business Ethics
- Global Challenges in Business Capstone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business View 91 other Short Courses in International Business in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- No prior experience required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.