In this Software Product Management Capstone offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Alberta, you will gain practical management experience in a safe, simulated software production setting. You will apply Agile practices and techniques to conquer industry-inspired challenges.
Interacting with a realistic client, you will discern what they want and express what they truly need in software requirements to drive software production. Upon completing the capstone, you will be prepared to advance your career as a confident software product management professional.
What you will learn
- Advance your career as a confident software product management professional
- Apply Agile practices and techniques to conquer industry-inspired challenges
- Draw upon practical management experience in a simulated setting
- Practice interaction with a realistic simulated client
Get more detailsVisit programme website
- This week, you will be primarily focusing on eliciting requirements. You will get to meet your client as well as collaborate with an expert advisor. You will also meet the development team that you will be working with.
- Now that the requirements are elicited, it’s now time to start refining those user stories! This week, you will conduct Requirements Technical Reviews on your peers Requirements Documents. You will also discuss risks with the development team and generate a risk plan.
- There’s a lot of work to be done this week to prepare for the first sprint. User stories need to be prioritized and assessed for risks, release and iteration plans need to be created, and design needs to begin. You will work with your team to get everything ready so that Sprint 1 can start promptly next week!
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement Studies Engineering Management Computer Sciences View 236 other Short Courses in Management Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.