The world of business strategy is in transition. What used to work doesn't anymore -- not necessarily.
Today, business value and competitive advantage arise more often from consumer perceptions of what is "cool" than from physical assets or economies of scale.
In this Strategic Management course offered by Coursera in partnership with Copenhagen Business School -- the first of a three-course specialization tailored specifically for the age of creativity and innovation -- you will gear up for the challenges of strategy formulation and implementation in a 21st century business.
After taking the course, you'll be able to:
- Explain why "doing" strategy is considered "the high point of managerial activity" (Mintzberg);
- Recognize and avoid the old, tired ideas about strategy that are still out there, so you can adopt fresher, better ideas;
- Point out how doing strategy has changed because of advancing technology and globalization;
- Prepare for the Capstone Project for the Strategic Management and Innovation Specialization
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A 21st Century Approach to Business Strategy
- What is strategy? And why do we care about it?
- The Evolution of Strategy...Past Progress, Past Mistakes
- Changing World, Changing Strategies
- Capstone Project Intro -- Strategy in a 21st Century Creative Company
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement Studies Strategic Management View 72 other Short Courses in Strategic Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.