In this Corporate Finance I - Measuring and Promoting Value Creation offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Illinois you will learn how to use key finance principles to understand and measure business success and to identify and promote true value creation. You will learn how to use accounting information to form key financial ratios to measure a company’s financial health and to manage a company's short-term and long-term liquidity needs.
You will also learn how to use valuation techniques to make sound business investment and acquisition decisions. Finally, you will learn how to incorporate risk and uncertainty into investment decisions and how to evaluate the performance of existing investments.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how companies make investment decisions that create value for shareholders
- Use accounting statements to measure the financial health of a company
- Forecast and manage a company’s short- and long-term liquidity needs
- Measure the contribution of a new project or acquisition to shareholder value
- Incorporate risk into investment decisions using the appropriate discount rates
- Evaluate the performance of a company or divisions of a company
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Objective of the Corporation and Analysis of Financial Ratios
- Financial Planning
- Making Investment Decisions
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Risk, and Performance Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Finance Financial Mathematics View 62 other Short Courses in Project Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.