This Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills (Online) is offered by University of Derby at University of Derby is one of a few CBT qualifications that can be studied online. With a focus on therapeutic relationships, it is a perfect entry level course if you are looking to apply current and up to date, evidence based, theoretical approaches and practical skills informed by cognitive behavioural theory into your practice, or if you simply want to learn more about cognitive behavioural theory.
It could be your first step toward becoming an accredited psychotherapist; this qualification alone will not give you a licence to practice but may help you decide if this is a career you wish to pursue. Alternatively as a mental health nurse, social worker or occupational therapist, you can bring an additional dimension to your role, benefiting both you and your patients.
In order to become an accredited cognitive behavioural psychotherapist with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), you'll need to complete four years of training. This University Advanced Diploma course is the first step and accounts for one year of that training.
To complete the final three years of training, you may apply to undertake our MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy – many of our students who have chosen to stay on to do this find it helps them become highly skilled cognitive behavioural psychotherapists.
As a mental health nurse or practicing counsellor, this course can provide you with additional skills to enhance your current job, as well as CPD credits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Approaches within Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Relationships Informed by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Working with People with Distress and Disorder
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 33 other Short Courses in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university diploma in Counselling or an equivalent qualification
- The ability to work independently, evidenced through a reference letter from a professional person known to you regarding your suitability for this programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2520 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2520 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA2520 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2520 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.