The Sports Psychology (Online) from University of Derby will also address group processes associated with team performance such as leadership, communication, group dynamics and cohesion. Throughout this module you'll learn from real life sporting examples of elite athletes on each of these key areas.
It’s ideally suited to anyone wishing to explore this area of study, or professionals working within a sports environment looking to further their knowledge or count towards their Continual Professional Development (CPD).
For many people interested in playing, watching or contributing to today’s increasingly competitive sports society, sports are a way to keep fit, compete or even earn a pretty decent salary if you play professionally.
Sport professionals and athletes strive for greatness, success and the satisfaction of winning, pushing through boundaries and limits to become the best. At times, sporting individuals may encounter psychological issues that prevent them from performing or playing to their full potential whether this is in the form of pressure, anxiety or even a sporting injury.
By completing this course, you’ll have a greater understanding of the key factors associated with sporting performance looking at the role these play on individual performance. Furthermore, the module will look at the performance of groups and teams and how effective teams are formed and perform. All of this will be supported with lots of applied sporting examples.
Finally it will introduce some of the key mental skills that are used by sport psychology practitioners. By completing this course you will get a greater understanding of the role that sport psychology has in overall sporting performance that may influence the way you currently play or coach.
This certificate of credit can act as an ideal form of CPD for those working in sport - i.e. physiotherapists or coaches. It can provide an understanding of sports psychology and the principles associated with understanding the psychological side of athletes' performance and the psychological influences on such factors as performance and motivation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The aim is to provide you with a sound understanding of theory and research into individual sport psychology including areas of attention and anxiety.
- You will also address group processes associated with team performance such as leadership and group dynamics. Throughout this module we will provide real life sporting examples of elite athletes view on each of these constructs.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 133 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will require:
- GCSE Maths (minimum grade C)
- GCSE English Language (minimum grade C)
We will need to consider all the information that you've included in your application. We want to see that you're enthusiastic and motivated to take this course and that you have the potential to benefit from studying your degree through online learning. Entry to the programme is at the discretion of the Academic Lead and prior to beginning your study you may need to speak to them.
If you have a significant amount of experience within a sports and exercise role or career, your application will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International905 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 905 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
EU/EEA905 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 905 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.