Learn how to support people with intellectual disability in health assessments
Detecting poor health and supporting people with an intellectual disability in managing their health can be challenging for healthcare professionals.
During this course, you will gain valuable knowledge that you can transfer into your daily practice on how to include people with an intellectual disability in health assessments.
You will expand your knowledge through information and techniques underpinned by the world-leading longitudinal study on ageing and intellectual disability, the IDS-TILDA study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course is structured into three weeks:
- Week 1: Health and wellbeing challenges for people with an intellectual disability
- Week 2: Best practices in communicating with people with an intellectual disability in health assessment
- Week 3: Performing a health assessment for people with an intellectual disability
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 133 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This course is for healthcare professionals, healthcare workers, and care supporters working with people with an intellectual disability.
- You do not need any prior experience as the course is designed to be usable by all levels of healthcare professionals.
- For free: Access to this course for 5 weeks
- For $69: Unlimited access to this course
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.