A majority of your time abroad will be spent outside the classroom, as you work alongside our staff and community partners to address various challenges in the region that you have discussed during the pre-departure sessions.
Costa Rica is famous for its natural beauty, diverse environment and protective national policies yet it is also host to many efforts aimed at impacting relevant United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
This Community Development on Costa Rica Environment program offered by Ayyıldız Tim also focuses on the tension between conserving natural resources and the issue of food security in the region. You will be directly involved in the creation of sustainable vegetable gardens, working alongside community members to establish a new resource for tackling food scarcity in the area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During your GVI course, you will study critical issues like plastic use, pollution, effects of tourism and palm oil production, immigration, sea debris, beach litter, garbage pollution and overfishing.
- All of these have an impact on the environment and will form the cornerstone of your six week program.
- There is also a lot to be learned from studying mangroves and their ability to reduce the impact of hurricanes, for example, yet tourism and development have led to the reduction (and destruction) of some mangroves, thereby putting local inhabitants at great risk.
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 5 other Short Courses in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete our no obligation online application form – once you have found your program, select your trip duration and departure date and hit the “book now” button.
- Application phone call – Our experts review every application thoroughly to ensure that you are matched with the right program. You will be contacted by a Country Experts within two working days to chat through your application. Our specialists have been on these programs themselves and have a wide range of knowledge from their travels in our host countries.
- Securing your place – A deposit will be required in order to confirm your place. You will then receive pre-departure information; a training manual and a field manual for your program. You can also start meeting up with other travellers on GVI’s community networks.
International3365 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3365 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
National3365 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3365 USD for the full programme during 42 days.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.