The First Film Summer School with Jonas Grimas offered by The London Film School will teach you everything from developing your ideas into a script to working with other filmmakers to shoot and edit your story.
You'll discover how professional filmmakers work with actors to create clear and consistent characterisation. You will be immersed in hands on production exercises, and finally, you will write and direct your own film - all in just thirteen days
Aimed at those with little or no practical filmmaking experience, this programme complements our Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad for more experienced filmmakers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductions: Meet Jonas and your fellow Summer School participants.
- Making a Film - An Introduction by Jonas: The Team, the Technology, the Creative Relationships.
- How It All Works: The Diagram of Production.
- Group Supper: Get to know each other over a meal at a local Covent Garden restaurant.
- Practical Approaches to Storytelling: How to tackle the short film format.
- Writing Masterclass: Explore the narrative chain of cause and effect.
- Editing Masterclass: Reveal how the storytelling process is continued from script to edit.
- Choosing Locations: The essential guide.
- Overnight Assignment: Write the first draft of your script.
- Overnight Assignment: Write the second draft of your script.
- Cinematography Masterclass: Explore the roles of lighting, framing and camera movement in film storytelling.
- The Recce: How to assess your location – can it deliver all the images, access and angles your film requires?
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 127 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You will be asked to submit:
- your CV
- a personal statement explaining why you're applying for the Summer School, what you hope to gain from it etc. Min. 250 words
- proof of your date of birth (e.g. passport scan, uploaded photo of an ID card, etc.)
International3750 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3750 GBP for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA3750 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3750 GBP for the full programme during 14 days.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.