We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School online this year! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
Many of the jobs we will be doing in five years do not exist today. The world is changing rapidly and the world of finance has to change with it.
New innovations will take place both within and beyond existing structures: fintechs providimg services such as crowdfunding, P2P lending, family lending, inclusive financing and impact investing will be refined and made more sustainable, while new opportunities using blockchain technology will be developed.
Fintechs will disrupt legacy banks and democratize financial services.
At the end of this Fintech and Emerging Financing Models in a Dynamic World course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam , you:
- grasp the principles and concepts of doing business in an international market context in various economic cycles.
- can develop a lean start-up and arrange SME financing during the lifecycle of a firm.
- can utilize forecasting and scenario techniques to define financing needs and structures.
- can adopt various approaches to financial models and fintech innovations such as blockchains.
- are able to work in cross-cultural teams, write a lean plan and present a financing request in a Dragons’ Den setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global credit crisis -> BoomBustBoom -> Financial crisis in Europe
- Innovations: Canvas model in Banking; inclusive financing
- Commercial banking vs Investment banking;
- Fintech: Adyen case
- Equity and debt along the lifecycle;
- Crowdfunding, SME bonds
- Alternative funding sources; green bonds, impact investing
Students of business economics, business administration and comparable courses; business professionals from a wide range of sectors including consultancy, banking, NGO’s and all levels of government. Our courses are multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students and professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Finance Technology Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.