As part of the Principles of Manufacturing MicroMasters program, the Manufacturing Process Control II , which is offered by EdX in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITx, will build on statistical process control foundations to add process modeling and optimization.
Building on formal methods of designed experiments, the course develops highly applicable methods for creating robust processes with optimal quality.
We will cover the following topics:
- Evaluating the causality of inputs and parameters on the output measures
- Designing experiments for the purpose of process improvement
- Methods for optimizing processes and achieving robustness to noise inputs
- How to integrate all of these methods into an overall approach to process control that can be widely applied
- Developing a data-based statistical ability to solving engineering problems in general
The course will conclude with a capstone activity that will integrate all the Statistical Process Control topics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn
- Multivariate regression for Input-output causality
- Design of experiments (DOE) methods to improve processes
- Response surface methods and process optimization based on DOE methods
- DOE-based methods for achieving processes that are robust to external variations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
- 10 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 72 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Manufacturing Process Control I is required unless there is a strong prior knowledge of statistical methods and SPC.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 56 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 56 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $175 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.