Students in the Electrical Engineering course of Georgian College are provided with the theoretical knowledge and technical skills to enter the electrical workforce. Classroom learning is combined with extensive hands-on experience in well-equipped, modern labs. Students are introduced to power transmission and distribution and robotics as well as maintenance and troubleshooting techniques for industry, with a strong focus on health and safety. Computer aided drafting, electronic and digital circuits, microprocessors, programming and programmable logic controllers are also studied. Students gain valuable experience during a co-op work term, while developing industry contacts for possible post-graduation employment opportunities.
There has never been a better time to enter the field of electrical technologies. For Ontario's industries to survive in today''s global market economy, they must be able to draw on a pool of technically competent technicians in a broad range of employment settings including those relating to automation, power generation, distribution, utilization and maintenance, industrial telecommunications and control systems. Our program can assist you in meeting these challenges.
- Technical Drafting
- DC Circuit Fundamentals
- CAD Electrical Circuits
- AC Circuit Fundamentals
- Electrical Systems and Control
- Electrical Machines
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C or U), Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
- Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing.
- Secondary or high school transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken and grades received.
- Math and English credits are required at the Grade 12 level.
International13740 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6870 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National2720 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1360 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.