Civil Engineering Students focus on more advanced topics including project administration, civil estimating, design of steel structures, and highway and environmental engineering. In addition, students broaden their skills in other civil engineering sub-disciplines, such as statics, structural analysis, hydraulics, GIS, water and wastewater technology and geotechnical materials.
This program at Algonquin College offers two cooperative education (Co-op) Work Term(s) option. Qualified students with a minimum GPA of 2.7, have the opportunity to apply for paid co-op employment to gain valuable work experience and networks within industry. *See Additional Information for more details.
- Residential Building/Estimating
- Construction Materials
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Short Courses in Mathematics in Canada
- Students who have completed all the course requirements equivalent to the Construction Engineering Technician program of study with a minimum G.P.A. of 1.70 are eligible to apply to the Civil Engineering program, as long as they have achieve a grade of C or better in ENL2019T and ENG8404.
- The number of seats in the Technology program is limited. Should the number of students exceed the number of seats, selection will be based on academic performance in the program.
International2722 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1361 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National2722 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1361 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.