Professors in this program teach you important design standards such as ASHRAE and ASM International. Learn how to use design software such as SolidWorks,AutoCAD and MasterCAM, to ensure you are fully prepared to enter into a successful career.
During the third year in the Mechanical Engineering Technology program at Algonquin College, you can complete a design project under the guidance of experienced faculty members. Work with external stakeholders in the industry during the project to ensure you nurture your ability to perform all required tasks.
Graduates of this program enter the workforce with a variety of different skills that make you employable. Learn how to:
- modify and improve engineering designs using conventional and computer-based methods
- perform engineering tests
- support product development
- use engineering software and systems to conduct engineering design and analysis
- design specialized jigs and fixtures
- analyze problems involving machine
- design, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer
Upon graduation, you may find employment in many different areas of the mechanical engineering field. Some find work in research, designing and the testing of mechanical systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Aided Design/Drafting (CAD/D)
- Models and Matter
- Measurement Principles
- Essential Mathematics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Short Courses in Mathematics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Mathematics, (Grade 12 MCT4C) or (Grade 11 MCR3U) or equivalent.
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with the minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening: 20; Speaking: 20; Writing: 20.
International2722 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1361 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National2722 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1361 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.