Advertising Students at Algonquin College learn the place of advertising in the marketing mix while practicing their creative and client-service skills in workshops and with the Algonquin Times, the student newspaper, student magazine and the student-run advertising agency. Macintosh computers are used extensively. The program concludes with six weeks of on-the-job field work.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Are creative and show initiative.
- Are disciplined in their studies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have above average written and oral communication ability.
- Enjoy problem solving in a team environment.
- The Marketing Concept
- Theatre of the Mind
- Insights and Strategy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 4 other Short Courses in Digital Communication in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Mathematics, Grade 11 (MBF3C or equivalent.
- Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with the minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening: 22; Speaking: 22; Writing: 22.
International5524 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2762 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National5524 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2762 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.