The Animation program of study at Algonquin College includes animation, life drawing and design courses focusing on all facets of animation including performance-based character animation, location design, character design, gestures and anatomy studies.
Graduates gain the knowledge, skills and techniques required to work effectively as animators using a variety of tools within a professional animation or game studio.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Are creative and think visually.
- Enjoy a hands-on approach to learning about the animation and game industries.
- Have strong observational and analytical skills.
- Have an aptitude for acting and storytelling.
- Are eager to learn new drawing and animation techniques using new technologies.
- Life Drawing for Animation
- Animation Design
- Animation Practices and Principles
- Animation Drawing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Submit a portfolio of 10-15 samples illustrating artistic ability. The portfolio must include samples of formal life drawing, perspective drawing, and fantasy or cartoon drawing. Details of an additional home drawing test will be sent upon receipt of your application. Samples of work to be submitted for assessment must be 8-1/2 x 11.
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with the minimum of 20 in each component.
International5524 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2762 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National5524 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2762 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.