Students in the Graphic Design program of the St. Clair College display a passion for print and web design, package design, typography, motion graphics, photography and illustration. Students will develop the ability to visualize and express concepts based on the clients’ needs. This requires creativity and imagination while meeting tight deadlines.
- Six week internship in an industry environment.
- Traditional media and enhanced digital media training.
- All faculty are professional graphic designers, illustrators or multimedia artists.
- Graduation from this program provides the first step in professional accreditation as a Registered Graphic Designer (Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario).
- Student-run Graphic Design Club.
- Graduate design exhibition in the community in year three.
- Program emphasizes creativity, originality and critical thinking.
Graduates can find entry-level positions including junior designer, prepress production artist and web designer. Opportunities exist in advertising agencies, graphic design studios, with printers or publishers, with newspapers and doing in-house design. There is also the potential for freelancing and contract work. With experience the designer can become an art director, creative director or production manager.
- Studio Foundations
- Copywriting for Design
- Digital Photography
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
St. Clair College will continue to accept applications after those deadlines on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Graphic Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
- Recommended: Minimum 1 Arts or Media Class.
If you are not a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, you will need a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada and a Letter of Acceptance - issued by the College - in order to apply for the permit.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- Other regions (English proficiency test required)
International6820 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6820 CAD per year during 36 months.
National1691 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1691 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Windsor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.