Just steps from the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts, it is the only one of its kind in Canada and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to support “convergence” news reporting which means you will learn to write and file stories for all media platforms - television, radio, print, and online.
The curriculum of the Journalism program of St. Clair College will provide students with cutting-edge knowledge and skills making them highly marketable across all media platforms.
Students will experience actual “on-deadline” news filing, be expected to adapt their story for multiple media deliveries and to back up their stories with photography, audio or video. Much of the course work is “in field,” and as such, students must be strong self-starters and motivated to seek out, interview and write stories on a frequent basis. Successful applicants will have a very strong interest in news and current affairs. They must have above average writing skills and the ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure. They should also have an innate sense of curiosity.
- 2 media field placements
- The MediaPlex is the only one of its kind in Canada and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- "Convergence" journalism is taught exclusively at this campus, providing students with employable skills for the newsrooms of the 21st century.
- Students learn how to work across all media platforms including on-line, print, television and radio.
- The curriculum will provide students with cutting edge knowledge and skills making them highly marketable across all media platforms.
- Journalism students get to run The MediaPlex Website bringing you breaking news and current affairs from Windsor, across Canada and around the world, as it affects people in our communities.
The opportunities for budding journalists are expanding significantly in traditional news reporting and photojournalism for print, radio and television. The web has opened new avenues for internet news provider/ researcher, web site designer and convergence media professionals (providing stories to all media).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- News Writing
- Desktop Publications
- Digital Photojournalism
- Media Ethics & The Law
- Social Media Storytelling
- Radio Reporting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
St. Clair College will continue to accept applications after those deadlines on a first-come, first-served basis.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
If you are not a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, you will need a Canadian Study Permit to study in Canada and a Letter of Acceptance - issued by the College - in order to apply for the permit.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- Other regions (English proficiency test required)
International6820 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6820 CAD per year during 24 months.
National1361 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1361 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Windsor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.