- The Urban Management - Good Governance in Complex Contemporary Cities course at the Erasmus University Rotterdam provides a set of carefully selected urban management and development theories that you will see reflected through practice in major cities during academic excursions in the Netherlands. You will witness how gentrification, urban heritage, green cities and other important theories can be applied to help manage cities. Urban Management is also useful for practitioners who wish to exchange experiences with international students and experts; and who wish to refine their expertise.
- Urban Management is interactive and you will learn through practice. During the course you learn how to critically evaluate theories and assess their relevance to the conditions of your city. Through theoretical underpinning by the end of the course you will learn how to analyse urban policies, adopt a multi-stakeholder approach, analyse governance and planning structures and integrate multiple theories with an understanding of their physical impact on city formation.
- Urban Management participants attend the first three months of the UMD programme which gives you the opportunity to experience a sample of IHS’ respected master’s programme.
- Innovative teaching methods are used to provide efficient and enjoyable learning. In addition to classroom lectures learning activities include individual and group assignments, workshops, presentations, discussions and educational games and most importantly theory based excursions.
If you are an urban professional with at least 2 years working or research experience looking for an opportunity to boost your academic learning while applying it to practice then this course is right for you.
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sustainable Development Landscape Architecture View 18 other Short Courses in Sustainable Development in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in a field related to the chosen course
- At least 2 years working experience relevant to the chosen course
- Proof of a sufficient command of English
- Motivational statement
International5950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5950 EUR for the full programme during 3 months.
EU/EEA5950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5950 EUR for the full programme during 3 months.
- Please note that for EU participants, the VAT of 21% will apply. The tuition fee stated above is excluding the VAT.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.